Fun fact: in my home state of Wisconsin, there were only 5 days that it didn’t rain in May. I am so ready to bid the rain farewell, in hopes that June will bring us all the sun rays. June is going to get real busy, real fast. Within June weekends, Drew and I are going to manage attending two graduation parties, one birthday celebration, a retirement party, a work outing, a camping trip, a family reunion and a friend coming to visit. I still am going to set some goals that I will hopefully find time to achieve during the Monday through Friday jam. Before I get too focused on June though, let me first give you all an update on how I did with May goals.
- Write one post a week | I somehow managed to do this. I thought for sure I had failed, but I didn’t. High five! Here’s what I wrote in May.
- Create Pinterest images for my latest posts | I created Pin-able graphics for my blog posts but never actually pinned them to my Pinterest account. I did end up focusing a lot on Instagram instead. I took a free workshop and joined a week long Insta challenge, so I’m going to rule it not a total failure.
- Continue to connect with online bloggers | The Instagram challenge helped me meet new creatives and even some closer to home than I could have imagined. I also reconnected with blogger friends in another PJ party, as a part of the Blog Connected Facebook group.
- Start gaining email subscribers | Big empty nope. I have an announcement I am working on which help with this one in the future.
- Have beautiful nails | My nails are SO long, ya’ll, but still working on the nail beds and want to get my nails stronger.
- PURGE! | I purged a ton of my clothing (two garbage bags full!), but the basement and old storage bins need some work still.
- Get my car title and rid of my car altogether | I got the title, and now I need to sell the car.
- Read a book | I read Where’d Ya Go Bernadette and 10/10 recommend! Mystery + also funny + set in Antarctic for a big chunk of the book. Super cool.
- Spend 20 days at the CRC (gym) or run 30 miles | I did not meet this goal. I started out strong, running 15 miles during the first two weeks of May. Then I had my wisdom teeth removed and said goodbye to exercise for basically the rest of the month. Oops.
- Sell 10 items at my LuLaRoe pop up party | I sold so much, thank you all! I got three items free and discounts on others. Thank you to everyone who made a purchase!
June Blog Goals
- Organize for my anniversary celebration in July | I’ve been blogging for 3 years, whoop whoop! You will have to wait to see what I have in store for July.
- Create a blogging strategy | Right now, I have no strategy. I am not very organized in regard to my blog, so I’m looking to plan a strategy.
- Post at least once a week again | Eventually I’d like to get on a Tuesday/Thursday consistency but I need to get a strategy in place to make this easier.
June Life Goals
- Read another book | Gotta reach my goal of 12 books this year.
- Resolve my shin splints issue | I start to feel shin splints after about mile 1 of running, so I need to figure something out. I am thinking about making an appointment with sports medicine. I have been dealing with the pain of shin splints constantly for over a year and no luck getting rid of them on my own. I need to take action if I ever want to run a 10k.
- Have strongER nails
- Run 30 miles | I think I will get there this month.
- Sell my car
- Eat healthy breakfasts | I have tried dieting before, but I don’t want to totally restrict myself right now with a ton of summer events coming up. I still need to make healthy choices, so I’m going to overall try to eat healthier but really place my focus on breakfasts this month. I’m thinking smoothies, eggs + more. Accepting quick and yummy breakfast recipes 🙂