Four months ago, after a big crying bout in the bedroom on a weeknight over my disgust with my body and health, I realized something needed to change in my life. Okay, I know what you are thinking. Another one of these posts from a girl somewhere who decided to pay for some crap that’s going to help her lose weight quick.
I promise you, that is not what this is.
Four months ago, I was getting stomach aches all of the time. I was going to the gym sometimes, but it felt like a pain because I had to drive further than I was used to prior to the move. I didn’t know what I was doing at the gym anyway but tried so hard… and I didn’t get any results. I also felt I was making healthier choices now compared to my past but was so blinded to my own bad habits. While I had healthy intentions and sometimes made healthy choices, I was also drinking a bunch of soda, eating out basically Friday-Sunday and then also on some week nights. I didn’t have a plan, and my mental and physical health were suffering. My body was a blob and LeeAnn Rimes said it best, something’s gotta give.
So that very next day, I reached out to a girl on Instagram that I met through an Instagram challenge that I participated in a few months prior. This girl was hosting a group with a live video in which the Beachbody program was being explained. There was no pressure to join or make any purchases, but just an inviting welcome to anyone who had an interest. I had been following this girl who ate a little bit of everything, she still indulged in pizza and cheese and chocolate, which were the three main groups in my pyramid at the time. She just was living a balance lifestyle. This is what caught my eye and I tuned in and joined and have been in love with the Beachbody program ever since.
Trust me, I did all of my research. What the heck is in this “superfoods” Shakeology? Is it worth the cost?? This is technically an MLM, but what do experts have to say about Beachbody? I found while there are always going to be a handful of naysayers, Beachbody was a reputable company. Shortly before this I had been approached by an ItWorks person, but that just didn’t seem to be something for me after doing my research. I had considered going back to Advocare, but while Advocare got me results, it felt like more of a lose weight quick fix program, and I was confused by all of the random pills and drinks I had to take while on their challenge. I also considered finding a personal trainer.
What I needed was a workout plan that I could handle and a diet plan that does not exclude food groups. I didn’t need pills or stomach wraps. I wanted to be able to enjoy food without feeling restricted. When I listened to the Beachbody coaches talk live about this program, it rung so true inside me. This program was for me. SO, I jumped right in with a challenge pack and Shakeology and I have been hooked ever since. I have a lot more to share in the future, but for now I really wanted to share how and why I got into Beachbody. Here are my top 10 reasons I support this program.
- I can eat from EVERY food group. If I want cheese, I will have it sprinkled on my broccoli or a few cheese cubes paired with a serving of grapes. This is one of the biggest deal breakers for me. I cannot be restricted by eliminating food groups altogether, such as no dairy or carbs, because I know I will not stick to a program like that.
- Workouts can be done at home, at the gym or even a family member’s basement or backyard if you’re traveling. They can be done at anytime of day too. All you need is Wi-Fi to connect to the their website, which is like Netflix for workouts. There are a ton of programs with just 30 minute a day workouts. They also always have a modifier, so you can keep going at your own pace. To sum it up, the workouts are DOABLE!
- There are a plethora of workout programs from weightlifting programs to pilates to a quick 21 day fix to cardio, boxing, dancing, yoga and more. They even have a partner workout program, and they are coming out with new workout programs every year.
- The workout programs are much more cheaper than a gym membership. $99 annually and you get access to all of the workout videos that are available, including new ones that come out for an entire year. I do not miss that $30 monthly gym membership.
- On top of the actual workout videos, they provide a section with materials that accompany each individual work out program to help you get the best results. I am talking worksheets to help you track your workouts and meals. Printouts for the program whether it’s a week program or months long. You also get an eating plan that can be adjusted to your own needs and a food list. I also just found out some programs include a reference to Spotify playlists that will sync with the workouts and get you pumped up.
- The meal plans they provide can be tailored to each person’s needs. They have a cheat sheet that figures in your weight, current physical activity and your goals (i.e weight loss, maintain weight, build muscle) to help you find the best eating plan for you.
- The Shakeology! It is SO yummy, and it has helped rid my stomach issues. Shakeology is known for helping people with stomach issues, including IBM. I believe Shakeology helped me get rid of my stomach pains. It is packed with nutrition, and a great source of protein and fiber. It is my favorite thing I get to eat (well, drink) every day. I know people complain about the price, but it is very worth it to me for many reasons. I also became a discount coach which lowered the shake price as soon as I knew I was hooked.
- I have my own coach. If I have questions or need help with anything Beachbody, she is one message away. She also checks in with me and provides resources to me to help reach my personal goals. She organizes monthly challenge groups and brings together a community of people with similar goals.
- These challenge/accountability groups are a reason in and of themselves that I love Beachboy. These groups look like a bunch of sweaty selfies and pictures of healthy meals, people talking about goals and cheering each other on. It’s a safe place for people to share a before picture as they start their journey. How motivating it has been when I can see 10 other people made time for their workout, so what am I waiting for? I also loved the online community I saw forming as I watched Beachbody coaches on Instagram. When I became a coach, it opened up a door to an even bigger community of people with similar goals. The support you get from the Beachbody community is phenomenal. I have never been a part of something so inspiring and motivational before.
- These programs truly give results. I have seen it happen as I observed people’s progress online and it is working for me too. I have lost 8lbs. I am happier. I feel overall healthier, which I have never noticed before in my life, even doing the other programs I have tried. I am so happy and focused and feel I am living my life with intention.
This is all why I chose Beachbody and now have decided to become a coach. I wanted to explain this on my blog since I am going to be sharing a lot about my health and fitness journey. I will be sharing more about why I decided to become a coach and what that means in my next post. I am very excited to start this journey of bettering myself and helping others!
If you have interest or just questions on the workouts, Shakeology, and/or coaching, feel free to send me a message.