April showers bring May flowers. But I already saw the flowers in April, so I’m hoping we will skip to summer in May. A girl can dream, right? Actually the other day I accidentally was looking at the weather in New Orleans, instead of dreary Iowa, and boy was is it a heartbreaker when I realized my mistake. I was already flinging my dresses off their hangers when I saw 88 degrees and sunny, until I checked again and found 58 for the temp in my town.
With that major bummer on my mind, I promise I’m not packing my bags for Louisiana. I’m actually pretty excited about May! I will be starting a monthly life + blog goals series to help me get organized on my blog and in life. Organization is something I struggle with. But I am a list-lover, so the key to me getting organized is making a list (and getting to cross things off it, of course!)
- Post 2 blog posts a week | Since I am just jumping back into the blogosphere while maintaining a full time job, my goal is 2 posts each week for awhile.
- Post regularly on my blog’s Facebook page | To me regular means at least 2-3 times a week, sharing my blog posts and other fun pictures, links, etc. I’d like to build the framework for my social media base on Facebook and eventually reach out to other platforms.
- Connect with other bloggers | I have joined a couple of groups to network with other bloggers and make blogging friends 🙂 My goal is to try to be active in those groups. Also just sharing and commenting on blogs that I like.
- Learn a bit about SEO | I have taken classes and learned a bit from experience along the way regarding blogging, but SEO has always been a taboo topic that I have never understood. I’d like to get my feet wet by reading some articles on this topic.
- Finish Mindy Kaling’s autobiography | Oh this is long overdue. I read Tina Fey’s Bossy Pants in a week last month and began Mindy’s book right after. Even though Mindy’s book is much shorter and I am enjoying it just as much, I just haven’t set aside time to finish it.
- Plant a garden with my boyfriend | This is something we have been talking about for a month or so now. This is our first home together, and we are excited to grow some veggies. I’ll admit, maybe I am a little more excited about the veggies than him, but still we are both pumped to create our garden.
- Continue working out consistently, finish our Advocare 24 Day Challenge, and hit my goal weight “range” | Working out has been a huge challenge throughout my life. When I have worked out before, it’s been difficult to find motivation and consistency. However, my dear boyfriend acknowledges this and has stepped up. He pushes us both to get our sneakers on and bodies moving. This month, we started a diet to shed a few lbs, learn about eating right, and boost our motivation to hit the gym. This diet started on April 18th and goes through May 11th. My goal weight “range” is the 150’s. Truly, my goal weight is 150 itself. After a rough winter, which included transitioning to an office job where I sit on my rump all day, I saw the largest number I have ever seen on the scale. I wasn’t happy with the way I looked or felt, and I knew I needed to make a change. I am slowly but surely working toward my goal weight, and I am only 2 lbs away from my goal weight range. I think I can hit my range by the end of May.
- Clean up our yard | There are lots of left over leaves from last Fall that have blown our way on top of all of the baby weeds sprouting up from the ground. Time to get myself a pair of garden gloves and get to work!
- Check out a farmer’s market | I’ve got my eye on the Madison Capital Farmer’s Market in Wisconsin, which I truly believe is the greatest farmer’s market of all time. My goal is to make it there over Memorial Day weekend, since I will be near the area. I’d also be happy if I could find a farmer’s market near my home.
What are your goals for the month of May?