Happy friggen Friday friends!
Sorry it’s been a little while since you’ve heard from me. Last weekend, I trekked to “up north” Minnesota with my boyfriend, and we enjoyed some solitude on the lake at his uncle’s cabin.
This week, I had a short and busy work week and then surgery to remove my wisdom teeth. I’ve been holed up on my sofa under my down comforter watching Weeds and snoozing the days away to avoid the discomfort that is my mouth.
Two of my favorite blogs are Nora Spaulding by the brilliant Nora and Why Girls Are Weird written by the lovely Krysten. Each Friday Krysten hosts a Happy Friday link-up in which she and others in her community share 10 things that made them happy this week. I stumbled upon Nora’s link-up on her blog, and I’ve decided to join the happy tribe and give you all an update. Here are 10 things that made me happy this week, despite being a swollen chipmunk from wisdom teeth removal.
- LuLaRoe | I had my online party on Monday and had so much fun. I helped some friends find some pieces they love and picked out a ton of goodies myself. They all arrived today and I am so in love with my wardrobe, with the more LLR I add to it.
- New Girl | My favorite show was renewed for another season, yay happy moment! But a little sad also, as it was announced this will be the last season.
- My Boyfriend | Not to be all sappy, but he has been taking extra care of me this week with my wisdom teeth surgery. He took off work for the appointments and has been so accommodating to my needs. He is always my Prince Charming but this week, I was extra thankful and happy to have him.
- Online Community | Since blogging, I have found online communities of inspiring dreamers and go-getters. Jenna Kutcher, photographer/podcaster out of WI (shoutout to my home state) created a community for an Instagram challenge next week and I’ve been super inspired by all the creatives I’ve been meeting. Feeling stoked for the challenge on Monday.
- Cuddly Kitties | My little Luna was the best snuggler when I didn’t leave the couch all day.
- The Bachelorette | Rachel’s season starts next week! Bonus she was caught filming a date in WI at my fave place, the Madison Farmer’s Market. EEK!
- Hot Showers | This was the best feeling today, when I was swollen and feeling lousy.
- Mochas | Nothing better than a chocolately, foaming cup of java on a cool spring morning. Can’t wait for my mouth to heal, because now I am craving one!
- Lipsense | I bought a LipSense kit from my coworker and tried it for the first time this week. It is seriously amazing. Lipstick that lasts all day and makes me feel confident. Double high five to that.
- Flowers | I am so welcoming all the May flowers. I also am digging all the floral in my wardrobe. Can’t get enough of it.